Tuesday, August 24, 2010

How do you reset the temperature control box in a refrigerator?

I have temperature problem with my 3 year old Kenmore (Whirlpool) side by side refrigerator being too warm. Between 5 and 10 degrees hotter from where it should be. The defective part is the control box which is the part where you set the temperature but I really can't replace it right now. I had a technician come over and I noticed he did some type of reset on the temperature control panel but I didn't bother to ask what buttons he pushed and for how long. My refrigerator is working fine now and I figured I could continue doing this every time the temperature went up. I was told the reason the refrigerator is not cooling is because there is frost build up in the freezer and when this happens the control box does not allow the temperature in the refrigerator to get cold.





Refrigerator Model: 106-56712500





Part: 2313180





http://www.repairclinic.com/SSPartDetail鈥?/a>How do you reset the temperature control box in a refrigerator?
he was resetting the defrost timer to make it go into defrost use a butter knife and spin it clockwise til it stops running, let it defrost about 30 minutes and turn it cw till it comes back on. Do this a least 1 time in 24 hours, if you have to, pull out the freezer panel and help it along with a blow dryer, you need to get rid of the frost, you cant blow air through a block of ice, call associated parts in tulsa okla and order one it's not very expensive if you want I will let you pay for it under my business account for wholesale 918-836-6080

No comments:

Post a Comment