Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Temperature control nob does nothing on my 98 Bravada.?

My air conditioning was not working so I decided to check the fuse. I removed the wrong one at first. It was the radio/battery fuse. Now it's like the climate control doesn't know what to do. It cycles through blowing warm air and then hot air time after time.


I hope some of you auto gurus have an answer for me because I'm sumped!


I'll say thanks for the answers in advance. They will all be appreciated.Temperature control nob does nothing on my 98 Bravada.?
Unless you have climate control, there is no computer on your temp control system. It's just a cable. Chances are the temp door is vacuum controlled and there is a vacuum leak, or it is controlled by a small servo motor which is acting up. If you don't have a shop manual o heater air conditioning experience, you have very little chance of figuring this out. The good news is, an experienced shop can probably fix it very quickly, and let you get used parts if possible.Temperature control nob does nothing on my 98 Bravada.?
i'm not to sure but it sounds like your computer may be being sent the wrong info, so it regulates as it sees necessary however it could also be the contacts on the switch itself messing it up(if your switch is an all in one style(slider)). another thing that probably wouldn't hurt to have checked is your thermostat, that often can cause a temperature iincreaser drop if it is stuck open or closed. especially if you car seems to overheat more then usual or if it doesn't seem to heat up fast enough according to your gauge.

No comments:

Post a Comment