Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Does closing blinds affect temperature control?

I stay in an upper floor bedroom, but the windows face a cliff side so I rarely get direct sunlight during the day (usually in the morning). I was wondering if closing my blinds while I'm using my AC will help with temperature control. Basically I want to use an AC unit I have to get the room down to a nice temperature, turn it off and turn it back on again when it gets too hot, and I want to maintain the coolness for as long as possible.Does closing blinds affect temperature control?
Closing the blinds will help keep the cool air in and the heat from out side out.





Using a fan to stir the air will help.


That way you can turn the ac up to 78 and keep the same temperature.Does closing blinds affect temperature control?
Yes it helps more then if you had no blinds. Buying some curtains would help also. Being on the upper floor, the cool air from your a/c ( window unit I'm guessing?) could be going under the door in your room. You can stick a large towel down there to help. And you could stick aluminum foil in the windows or reflective tint to help reflect the suns heat. Keep the flu closed on the fire place, Install another layer of insulation in the attic, etc.
Closing a blind helps to retain heat.So the temperature will go up slightly.Opening a window would be better.
  • eye makeup
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment