Tuesday, August 24, 2010

What could be wrong with the temperature control handle on my bathtub faucet? My tub has one of those round?

ones, left for hot, right for cold. All of the sudden today the hot water stopped coming out. If you turn it to the left, nothing comes out. If you turn it to the right, cold comes out. The rest of the house has hot water, and I made sure everything was tightened, but it still won't work. Her is a picture of what it looks like. Thanks !!!!


http://www.homedepot.com/webapp/wcs/stor鈥?/a>What could be wrong with the temperature control handle on my bathtub faucet? My tub has one of those round?
if its a delta like in your link, then more than likely you have seal that runs along a ball that controlls the temp and water pressure some times they go bad and go in side the ball, you need a delta repair kit, but thats only if u put the right pick upWhat could be wrong with the temperature control handle on my bathtub faucet? My tub has one of those round?
The unit show in your link is for a Delta Faucet, I would assume that your fixture is one that prevents scalding (water getting to hot). The link below will take you to a page for a similar unit as the one in your link. Click on download and you will open a PDF manual.





I am not a plumber but my guess is that the the valve assembly needs to be replaced (Part Number RP46704). Something within this valve seems to think the water is to hot and has sut the supply off.





Good luck
The first thing I would try is..take the handle off [the knob and the adjustment assy] and try turning the shaft left and right with a pair of pliers [gently]. If you have hot water then, you should just have to replace the knob itself...this is really just an educated guess..I'm not a plumber.
You need to ask a Plumber, I am a just a bean counter.

No comments:

Post a Comment