Saturday, August 21, 2010

Can i defrost my freezer using my temperature controls?

Everytime i turn off the freezer using the temperature controls it automatically turns off the refrigerator...what moron designed that? Why have seperate controls if turning one of automatically turns the other off? Anyway, its a GE in case it matters. I guess i have to just open the door and let it melt that way? Seems retarded to have temperature controls but not be able to set them however you want.Can i defrost my freezer using my temperature controls?
unplug the fridge freezer and put a pot of boiling water in with door open have another pot ready to put in when the first get just warm, it will defrost faster and the fridge stuff will be fine.Can i defrost my freezer using my temperature controls?
There is only one compressor and the separate controls from freezer to refrigerator, freezer one works the compressor and temp the refrigerator control is for allowing different stages of cold air to be allowed in that side.





Add; Do what crash suggested.
The answer about unplugging the unit is great, because it will also prevent shock when you do what I'm about to suggest, which is to unplug it and then use a hair dryer on the ice. Be sure to not let any water get into the hairdryer itself.
Placed a pan with Hot steaming water inside the Freezer. It will evorpate.

No comments:

Post a Comment